Supply Chain AnalystOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Supply Chain Analyst who will perform control functions to support the site Purchasing goals and production. Act as a liaison between manufacturing, materials and internal and external logistic functions. Manage supplier orders for the company and fulfill other Purchasing functions as needed. Analyze data to maximize the site operation and inventory levels.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date forecasts for Xylem’s supply chain partners
- Maintains purchasing metrics.
- Oversees new part loads.
- Assists with buyer responsibilities as required.
- Manages GEP Smart Purchase Orders and Invoices.
- Participates in E & O review and reduction process.
- Completes the new supplier set up process.
- Resolves catalyst invoices.
- Reviews LTs from the Data Log.
- Provides inventory status as required. Audit cost data, scrap trends and BOM’s.
- Develops and maintains management reports as required.
- Evaluates the inventory impact of engineering changes and new product development and oversees the changeover and disposition of inventory.
- Responsible for ownership and managing the execution of inventory projects along with ensuring on time delivery to meet project schedules.
- Collaborates with cross function teams to meet Xylem’s inventory objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required, or High School (or equivalent) with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Vision.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to analyze information and clearly identify key elements and patterns.
- Effective written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all departments and levels within the company.
- Working knowledge and broad understanding of ERP/MRP systems.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers daily.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.