Sr. Continuous Improvement SpecialistContinuous Improvement | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring a Sr. Continuous Improvement Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Sr. Continuous Improvement Specialist is accountable to develop, implement and sustain process improvement initiatives utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and transform the current culture to a culture of continuous improvement. These process improvement initiatives are driven throughout the organization and often extended to suppliers and customers. The expectation is to deliver long-term, breakthrough results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, productivity and inventory.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plan.
- Assist in designing new procedures and methods for operational processes,
by utilizing project charters with deliverables. Will work with site leaders to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement via idea generation. Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to execution.
- Mentor employees to realize benefits from all continuous improvement initiatives and act as a change agent to the site/organization.
- Develop and conduct lean training based on the site Lean training initiatives.
- Own Lean Maturity Element and improvement initiatives for the site. Partner with site leaders on strategy and deployment of maturity objectives.
- Facilitate multi-day kaizen events & workshops with cross-functional teams ranging from shop floor to executive leaders.
- BS/BA Degree
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma Tools; 5S, Standard Work, VSM, MDI, FMEA, etc.
- 5 to 10 years of successful execution of continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial benefit
- Lean or Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Hands-on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including deployment of lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Experience in facilitating workshop, kaizen and training events.
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to coach / mentor / inspire
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Office: Standard office equipment
- Expectation is to spend at least 50% of the time on the manufacturing floor
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
The estimated salary range for this position is $68,000 to $122,500. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.