Senior Communications SpecialistCommunications | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: We are looking to strengthen our team with a colleague who has a true passion for internal communication, employee engagement and culture building. You are driven, professional and efficient with an ability to get things done. You are a team player with a positive attitude and a creative mindset.
We are looking to strengthen our team with a colleague who has a true passion for internal communication, employee engagement and culture building. You are driven, professional and efficient with an ability to get things done. You are a team player with a positive attitude and a creative mindset.
In this role you will collaborate closely with the Internal Communications Manager on tactical implementation for Applied Water Systems (AWS), Americas Commercial Team (ACT), and Innovation, Technology and Product (ITP) business units to gather needs and use the best approach to engage internal target groups.
This is a newly defined position and you will set the footprint to further develop this role. You are a key player to create and deliver communications that advance our business objectives while driving employee awareness, engagement, and success global colleagues.
- Manage people news items (new hire/promotion announcement, including writing and distribution)
- Lead logistic planning for ACT/AWS/ITP webcasts and related communication support
- Own message distribution process, including distribution list management/upkeep
- Manage bi-weekly digest emails for ACT/AWS
- Provide support (including working directly with stakeholders and developing materials) for cyclical communication needs, such as annual incentive plan announcements, Safety Week, World Water Day, Month of Service
- Maintain key channels, such as Xylem Now (Workplace by Facebook), ACT/AWS intranets, digital signage, etc. – and identify ways to maximize channel success
- Lead and support local efforts to engage employees around Watermark – Xylem’s social responsibility program
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, marketing, or a related field
- Heavy emphasis on writing or editing abilities; Social media expertise and experience with digital communications are helpful (would need to take a writing test)
- One to two years of relevant experience
- Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet stated deadlines
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written required
- Strong computer literacy skills required
- Ability to handle complex and emotional issues while maintaining confidentiality
- Problem solving and decision-making skills required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- No special physical requirements.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standard office.
- Percent of travel – less than 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.