Production Supervisor - 3rd ShiftOperations | Auburn, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem Inc. seeks to hire a Production Supervisor to administer company policies and rules to coordinate the activities or subordinates in a manner maintaining high morale in Applied Water Systems facility in Auburn, NY. The Production Supervisor will have direct supervisor responsibility for bargaining unit personnel relative to production performance, safety, quality, continuous improvement activities and meeting internal & external customer requirements while maintaining a positive work environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Delegate work assignments to optimize production
- Investigate production problems to keep downtime to a minimum
- Work in compliance with Union contract and shop rules
- Administer discipline as required
- Insure all employees follow work instructions and agency procedures for compliance
- Deal with other divisional personnel and outside people as
- Production needs warrant
- Develop and maintain a flexible, well trained work force
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Promote Union, Company relations to maintain a high level of morale
- Inventory control and adjustments with department / Division
- Order / acquire necessary tools and equipment for a safe and
- Productive operation
- Work with computer systems and production reports
- Verify payroll, vacation and productivity reports
- Included with items 1 and 2 at top covering shop rules and Union Contract
- Describe scope and magnitude in specific terms of project size, budgets, sales volume, operational impact, and personnel.
- Maintain acceptable production and quality levels for support groups sales and manufacture of core products. Work within departmental and divisional annual budgets
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 4-6 Years manufacturing background.
- Supervisory skills
- People skills
- Precision measuring devices knowledge
- Computer skills
- Time management skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.