Production Master SchedulerOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This position will be responsible for determining and maintaining efficient levels of manufactured products. This includes targeting the appropriate stocking levels to support the production of finished goods and setting production plans that support customer requests and financial goals.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead the process of inventory reduction through statistically setting production levels that support production and demand deviations, while minimizing inventory investment and enhancing operating schedule efficiencies.
- Compile data based upon open customer orders, purchase orders, invoicing, inventory, back orders and historical data concerning shipments and sales.
- Analyze and organize internally produced inventory and demand data to develop a plan for the stocking or shipping of finished goods.
- Generate shop orders and schedule shop order in production to meet promised customer ship dates. Produce weekly production plans to internal departments to support the scheduled shop orders issued to production.
- Insure the scheduling plan defines order quantities, maximum order quantities, urgency of needs, quantity on-hand and outstanding commitments, and that the production plan identifies responsibilities and is well-organized.
- Uses all available information regarding inventory levels, production capacity, sales order entries, etc. to develop an efficient and accurate production plan.
- Provide plant-wide support to the shop floor control system as needed to ensure production is reported accurately.
- Contacts responsible parties (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Material Planners, Schedulers, Customer Service, etc.) as needed for investigation, validation, and correction of information.
- Requires a high level of organizational skill and the ability to multi-task in detail.
- Must have the ability and temperament to work positively within a Union environment.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Five or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as a Planner/Scheduler is a must; prior experience as a Master Production Scheduler with a solid ability to produce a master production plan is highly preferred.
- A proven track record of successful collaboration with other functional areas, especially Manufacturing and Supply Chain while using quantitative metrics in inventory reduction, service improvement, etc. is desired.
- Six Sigma Green/Black belt and/or APICS certification is a plus
- A strong ERP working knowledge preferred (BPCS ideal). Knowledge of ShopVue is a plus. Skill in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook) is needed.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.)
- Daily walking both to and from the office and throughout manufacturing areas is necessary based upon job demands.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Manufacturing environment subject to loud noises, moving machinery and equipment, and climate changes.
- Office is a typical climate controlled office environment requiring the use of standard office equipment.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.