Mechanical System Design Engineer (BIM Engineer)Engineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Mechanical System Design Engineer
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets – examples below): ITC Vadodara campus seeks to hire a mechanical engineer to design the integrated system engineering comprised of water treatment plants, pumps, piping, valves and various other mechanical equipment. The position involves playing a key role in advancing Xylem water treatment technology capabilities. The selected candidate will be responsible for designing of comprehensive system solution which fits for purpose. If you are excited and passionate, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Read & understand the tender specification and outline project engineering scope
- Equipment sizing/ selection and process-flow diagram.
- Prepare 2D/3D system layout, GA and P&ID using BIM software. Preferred for Navisworks, Bentley.
- Prepare equipment list, Bill of quantities and estimate costs.
- Co-ordination for end-to-end product development
- Preparation of essential engineering submittals
- Independent work execution
- Communication with cross-functional/regional teams
- 4-year full time bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of product designing experience
- Experience with OEM industries is advantageous
- Essential / Critical Competencies:
- Proficiency in BIM software. Preferred for Navisworks and Bentley
- Hand-on command over Creo for solid modelling. Knowledge of AutoCAD is advantageous
- Sound knowledge of mechanical system sizing, selection, and application
- Influential interpersonal skill
- Adaptability to work for cross-functional/culture and time zones
Xylem offers you an exciting career in an international environment, with a global network of sales companies, suppliers and manufacturers. You will work actively with other departments, developing new technologies and products and managing existing ones, supporting our mission to become the world leader in providing cutting edge products / solutions that solve some of the most challenging needs in marketplace. We will focus on your personal development and prepare you on your present and future career path.