Materials ManagerOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an experienced Materials Manager. The Materials Manager is responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow, while maintaining control and accuracy over all inventory. This includes all transactions, purchasing, planning, scheduling, costs, warehousing, receiving, and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time.
• Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning processes that incorporate make versus buy, inventory strategies, and associated cost elements
• Must possess a strong commitment to safe work practices, a thorough understanding of manufacturing safety principles, and the ability to place employee safety at the top of all decision-making.
• Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control
• Prepares customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries
• Supports production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules
• Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets
• Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control process capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future
• Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the inventory budget, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions
• Participates as a member of the Supply Chain team in making cross-functional decisions
• Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies
• Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations
• BS degree in business, management, or other Supply Chain related discipline or a minimum of 10 years of experience in management of materials and sourcing within a design and manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge and broad understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
• Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
• Project Management skills, including ability to lead cross functional teams and set/meet a timeline
• APICS and LSS certification is a plus
• Working knowledge of BPCS (Business Planning and Control System ) or SAP ERP is a plus
• Ability to demonstrate solid written and verbal communication skills
• Leads by example and motivates people to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative work environment
• Passion to contribute in a cross functional, collaborative environment
• Financial knowledge including cost modeling, cost analysis, make vs. buy analysis
• Capable of leveraging metrics and other tools to drive supplier performance
• Action oriented, results driven, self-motivator with career ambitions
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills, ability to be firm and precise
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
• Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
• Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
• Will occasionally be required to enter a non-climate controlled manufacturing facility with machinery, moving equipment and loud noises requiring steel toed shoes, safety glasses, and some areas hearing protection.
• Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.