Lead Software Engineer (m/f/d), Germany, RemoteEngineering | Limburg, Germany, Germany
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 16.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Lead Software Engineer (m/f/d), Germany, Remote
The Lead Software Engineer will oversee new development as well as management of existing software implementations and client deployments within our Xylem Vue segment. Xylem Vue is our digital solutions platform that combines smart and connected technologies, intelligent systems and services, and 100+ years of problem-solving expertise — empowering utilities to deliver transformative outcomes to their communities.
This role will take responsibility for the development activities related to Xylem’s water treatment system optimization offering, a key focus for this will be enhancing product interoperability, scalability, security and configurability. You will be part of an international team working across different sectors and you will play an integral part in building up a team of specialists to drive our software development expertise forward.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Provide innovative technical leadership to the software development team implementing solutions that will be deployed on premise at customer sites
- Demonstrable history with dev-ops workflows including branching patterns and code and data migrations
- Establishing and enforcing best practices and patterns in software design, delivery, and support
- Manage the deployment of future installations, update of existing installations and technical development of a growing software platform
- Code review, testing and debugging software prior to deployment in a client environment
- Designing and implementing security protocols
- 8+ years software development
- Extensive experience with the product development life-cycle
- 3+ years of team leadership
- API development
- In depth knowledge of python
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, …)
- Security protocols
- Database familiarity (InfluxDB, PostgreSQL, …)
- Code reviews
- Test-Driven Development & Automated Testing
- Effort estimating
- Jira Studio
- Familiarity with ML frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, …) is a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Niklas Naunheim, Sr. Corporate Recruiter at Xylem, Phone: +491621374371
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.