Field Service SupervisorOperations | Toronto, ON, Canada
We’re Hiring for a Field Service Supervisor!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Service Supervisor will be responsible for managing the field services operations and technicians at the service center. This includes scheduling of the field services work, coordinating technician schedules and overall ensuring direction, growth and development of the field services personnel. Full benefits package available to include Flexible Time Off, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits. Xylem will provide paid training for CDL upgrades.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Lead safety culture within the team,
· Follow safety protocols by maintaining a ‘Safety First’ approach and ensure compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment
· Coordinate Field service schedule with Customer Service and Sales to deliver all field service work including preventative maintenance, dewatering setups, valve services, pump maintenance call-outs.
· Work closely with the customer experience specialist to ensure equipment and personnel are coordinated to deliver service
· Supervise the service technicians within the Service Center
· Effectively manage employee performance and provide training, coaching and development initiatives as needed
· Develop and provide training plans for each service technician to ensure a skilled workforce
· Establish productivity expectations and track actual production with recommendations for improvements and training
· Participate in continuous improvement initiatives for any field services processes.
· Provide regular metrics related to staffing needs, overtime as needed to meet workload
· Oversee equipment repair in the filed including EPA rated non-tier to Tier 4 diesel engine operation and maintenance;
· Collaborate with internal teams to ensure service work orders are completed work/issues are communicated timely and accurately
· Collaborate regularly with internal leaders/teams to ensure outstanding customer experience and highest quality standards are met
· Some duties are location/site specific and additional duties may be required based on the business needs
· Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum High school diploma or equivalent degree
· 3 - 5 years’ experience in the industrial service environment
· 1 - 3 years’ supervisory experience
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record; (Class B or willingness to upgrade to Class A license preferred)
· Experience with team building, coaching and training
· Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of industrial equipment
· Demonstrated knowledge of a parts department operations, shipping, receiving and inventory control
DAY IN THE LIFE:
This role is subjected to multiple environments such as office/warehouse environment, which includes florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise. It is also subjected to a shop/field environment which includes work around pipes, valves, electrical equipment and operating machinery such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites, water and wastewater treatment plants. The physical demands may include but not limited to lift/ transport up to 50 pounds, regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms, In addition, this role may travel up to 25% and occasional after hours phone support as a regular part of the job.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description as needed.
We foster a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources, Christy Walsh at Christy.Walsh@xylem.com. Please note that this contact is for accommodation purposes only. Applications will not be accepted via email.