Field Service RepresentativeSales | Philadelphia, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Field Service Representative is responsible for providing consultation and advisory services at project job-sites in regards to the installation, testing, and commissioning of all Leopold Products and Systems (CT2, DAF, Eliminite, Gravity Filtration). The individual must have a detailed understanding of all of Leopold’s products installation techniques and start-up testing requirements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Obtains the appropriate drawings/ design information required to supervise or test the Underdrain/DAF/Eliminite/ Membrane system in the field, obtained from the job file in the “R” drive vault or by consulting the appropriate Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- Comes prepared with the necessary drawing & design information required to serve as Leopold technical “expert” in the field (prior to reaching the jobsite).
- Possess superb customer relation skills and must be able to handle service calls that require more attention and care without becoming frustrated and rushing to conclusions.
- Contacts the job-site Manager prior to making travel arrangements to verify they have all equipment and materials required for a service call and have completed the contractor check list provided.
- Works in the main office in Zelienople when not on a service call and completes the following:
- Works with Engineering on solving problems they have encountered in the field
- Works on expense accounts.
- Works on any ESH training assignments or other required training or PFP goals.
- Works with PDC if required
- Carries appropriate certificates within their possession to be provided if requested on the job site.
- Stays current with required training for admittance to job-sites (PPE, Confined Space, etc.) and all required training required by ESH.
- Provides advice and consultation to contractors during the installation of Leopold equipment and systems for mechanical and structural related equipment
- Observes and verifies that the contractor’s installation is correct in accordance with Leopold Standard Installation, Operation, & Maintenance documented requirements and specifications.
- Verifies that contractor’s installations are in accordance with Leopold requirements by performing inspections and testing activities as required by Standard Leopold “Testing & Inspection Requirements.”
- Performs mechanical start-up service for all process related equipment; including all necessary adjustments to mechanical and structural components and equipment.
- Conducts Leopold Standard and Customized job-site training including proper system operation and maintenance training according to the site specific “Training Plan”
- Inspects malfunctioning mechanical and structural equipment to analyze problems and diagnose corrective actions. Documents and recommends corrective measures to the Field Service Manager to be taken, new equipment needed, or modifications needed to the existing equipment for improved performance.
- Advises the Field Service Manager of changes and modifications to equipment required to allow it to function properly.
- Prepares and submits fully completed and timely daily reports to the Field Service Manager describing installation activities, conditions, or problems.
- Support other non-field service related activities on an as-needed basis. This may include filter and media installation support, filter startup testing & training, and other activities needed to support other functions.
- Other essential duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Has strong mechanical background
- The ability to evaluate & troubleshoot mechanical systems.
- Has familiarity and experience with construction trades involving masonry, pipefitting, carpentry, and surveying layout techniques.
- The ability to conduct training to operators and site personnel.
- Effectively document conditions and communicate through electronic devices including cell phones, lap-top computers, and photography.
- Understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Solid communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Maneuver around and spend significant durations in water and wastewater clarification and filtration installations.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50#.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: Domestic and international travel via airplane, car or other transportation vehicles to customer sites will be required – travel could be up to 100%
- Job Site: New and rehabilitated Water and Wastewater plant construction sites
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.