Field Service MechanicOperations | Seattle, WA, United States
We’re Hiring for a Field Service Mechanic!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Service Mechanic will be responsible for the service, repair, and maintenance of Xylem pump equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Our equipment is used in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. Based out of the Kent, WA branch, service territory will cover the state of Washington. Principle duties will include, dissembling, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, servicing, installation, and maintenance of our equipment. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and servicing as directed on Xylem pump equipment. Diagnose and report any damage to the Service Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list for assigned Xylem equipment. Review list of parts with Service Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on Company vehicles and shop support equipment as directed (air dryer, chain saws, lifts, etc.).
- Troubleshoot diesel engines, electrical systems, hydraulic systems and pump end issues and repair/rebuild as necessary.
- Assist customer and/or Xylem personnel with setting up pumping systems on customer job sites as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- 2 - 3 years of experience or a combination of education, training and experience is a plus. We will train the right candidate.
- Ability to diagnose common mechanical and electrical issues
- Experience with diesel engine repairs
- Basic knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques to repair and maintain equipment
- Basic knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers both verbally and in writing
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is frequently outdoors where exposure to extreme temperatures and machinery should be expected. The physical demands may include but not limited to ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds, walking, sitting, and standing for 8+ hours. In addition, this role may require up to 75% travel and overtime.
The estimated salary range for this position is $25.00 to $35.00 per hour. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience, and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.