Electro-Mechanical TechnicianEngineering | Freedom, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Responsible for the in-house assembly, performance testing, and field support/guidance in the installation of Ozone generation systems, and other One Treatment related systems. The Treatment Organization of Xylem manufactures ozone, filtration, biological, and disinfection water treatment equipment for use at water and wastewater treatment facilities.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform any of the Technician I and II duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Perform specific duties supporting the North America Ozone Team including:
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and manufacturing information, and check sheets to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Align, fit, and assemble component parts, correctly and safely using hand tools, power tools, fixtures and templates.
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Install mechanical parts to include NPT and flanged pipe connections as well as compression tubing fittings.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as, electronic voltmeters, power meters and process instrumentation.
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Assist with the development and test of new ozone systems.
- Analyze and record test results, and prepare written testing documentation.
- Carry out field service and commissioning visits, on both planned and emergency basis, to install and repair ozone generation systems.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Complete process check sheets, daily production sheets and other daily reporting and paperwork according to Company procedures.
- Support and assist the Production Supervisor as needed.
- Support and make recommendations to improve Company policies and procedures.
- Up to 75% travel possible, dependent on project workload
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering, plus 3 to 5 years’ prior assembly/manufacturing experience, or equivalent.
- Mechanical, electrical, and testing ability, as demonstrated by the proper use of hand and power tools, proper wiring techniques, and proper use of test equipment, respectively.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics, and bills of materials.
- Working knowledge of computers including MS Office products and MRP/ERP systems.
- Working knowledge of PLC programming (technician level) for troubleshooting purposes.
- Applicable safety/operations training required for operation of certain machinery and equipment (e.g., fork truck, crane).
- Working knowledge of proper equipment rigging and material handling procedures.
- Familiarity with OSHA safety practices, including NFPA 70E lockout/tagout procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting items of up to 35 pounds required at times.
- Must be able to work from catwalks and elevated platforms.
- Use of ladders may be required at times.
- Employee may work from various positions, including standing, crouching, sitting and bending.
- Work may be performed indoors or outdoors, in a variety of conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee will be expected to work in construction jobsite conditions, outdoors and indoors. When not in the field, employee will work in climate controlled factory/warehouse conditions.
- Up to 75% travel possible, dependent on project workload.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.