Director, Business Relationship Management, Integrated Supply Chain (ISC)Project Management | Any Location - Europe, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Director, IT Business Relationship Management (BRM) is accountable for driving the creation of a strategic business technology vision, coordinate global operations systems requirements and ensure legacy technologies are enhanced, maintained and supported to address business needs. This position reports directly to the SVP & Chief Information Officer supporting the needs of Operations globally within Xylem.
This role works closely with ISC and IT leadership to align business strategy, processes and systems in support of local, regional and global requirements. They are the primary liaison between the ISC and the enterprise IT organization.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Coordinates global Operations systems requirements to support strategic planning efforts, system replacements and overall operational needs as the primary liaison with Enterprise IT
- Utilizes CI and IT resources to further standardize and simplify ISC processes and platforms
- Acts as the primary contact for ISC Data Stewards and works closely with IT to ensure data management, reports and analytics are configured to meet Operations needs
- List and prioritize IT Projects within ISC for inclusion into the IT Master Project Schedule
- Drives Operations project fit with One Company strategy for IT systems
Visionary Leadership and Strategic Planning:
- Responsible for aligning business needs, creating business value return model and working with enterprise information technology execution teams
- Review business strategies in cooperation with business owners and enterprise IT teams to enable future business solutions
- Act as the primary liaison to identify emerging business trends and technologies that will enhance growth within the ISC.
- Build, manage and nurture a solid relationship with ISC leadership, IT Leadership Team, IT colleagues and governance or project teams to address business needs while driving system and process standards
- Communicate proactively with key stakeholders
- Have ability to influence without direct authority and demonstrate conflict management skills
- Partner with key personnel to develop key business needs or requirements in support of sustaining or developing IT related solutions
- Closely collaborate with ISC leadership, IT Leadership and other key stakeholders to understand and assist with prioritizing technology enabled business initiatives
- Coordinate with Program Management Office personnel to ensure projects are delivering to cost, schedule and expected delivery milestones
- Act as primary liaison where appropriate to align the business staff and expectations of projects to ensure goals are being achieved.
- Act as an ambassador and the primary focal point for IT within the ISC group to optimize technology enablement and create standard work – both in the current environment and long-term strategy
- Lead in developing proposals and business cases for technology enabled business initiatives
- Participate in the translation of business requirements to the Enterprise IT organization so that business needs are understood and addressed.
- Lead adoption of technology and business process standards
- Be active in the ISC group to gather business requirements, assist with the creation of business value projections and deliver key communication from IT to the ISC group.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Work with IT execution team service owners to understand Service Level Agreements (SLA) and as needed provide feedback to ensure business needs are being addressed within the expected levels.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent), with 10+ years of experience preferred; or relevant and equivalent Business or IT experience
- Strong knowledge of business operations, preferably performing a business partner role working with business executives for 3+ years
- Possess general knowledge of related business technologies and applications that drive business growth, business management and long term business sustainability
- Program or Project management experience strongly preferred
- Financial & business analysis experience, specifically working with budgets and project costing
- Work location is in North America or Europe.
- Travel is expected 10 to 20% annually
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.