Customer Service Representative-12 to 18 Month ContractSales | Guelph, ON, Canada
We’re Hiring for a Customer Service Representative!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Process all customer orders in the assigned area or for the assigned product line(s).
- Answer software inquiries relating to product selection and updates
- Answer all customer inquires for pricing and delivery information.
- Issue RMA's to customers that need to return items.
- Make warranty / repair / replace decisions or refer to appropriate person if unsure. Authorizes repair centers for warranty repair up to the value of the item. Issue credit memos as required.
- Communicate new product information to the customers.
- Communicate any pertinent customer information to the sales reps.
- Sell additional products to customers when they are on the phone.
- Perform telemarketing functions as required.
- Responsible for first attempt for "Get Paid" program resolution.
- Open and update customer master records.
- Communicate accurate customer pricing information.
- Release pick lists to shipping for on-time delivery.
- Determine best shipping method for order based on service and price.
- Perform back up duties for absent CSR's as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- College diploma or experience in a technical role, preferable mechanical pumps
- Minimum one year experience in a similar position.
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint and preferably prior experience with BPCS software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate courtesy and tact when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Bilingualism an asset
- Previous general support of industrial products or applications
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Long periods for sitting, answering phone calls, working at a computer, infrequent ability to move around
- Dealing with unhappy or angry customers
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Typical office environment, use of computer, phone, printer
We foster a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources, Christy Walsh at Christy.Walsh@xylem.com. Please note that this contact is for accommodation purposes only. Applications will not be accepted via email.