Business Development ManagerSales | Any Location - Washington, United States
We’re Hiring for a Business Development Manager in the Western U.S.!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing new business and cultivating growth within key accounts for PureHM’s portfolio of products and services in the West Region. As such, candidates should have an interest in advanced technologies, an entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a competitive market while generating new business opportunities and increasing revenue for the Region.The individual is responsible for developing solutions-based strategies in assisting utility and industrial clients using state-of-the-art pipeline inspection and monitoring solutions, as well as maintaining the satisfaction of existing business relationships in the region. The market serviced is geographically diverse with many players and potential clients; as such, this role requires strategic thinking, accuracy, innovation and strong negotiation skills, which are all critical to meeting regional goals and objectives.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Responsibility for sales calls, proposal development, and client relations;
- Acquire new business while continuing to drive revenue from existing clients;
- Build extensive Pure Technologies’ product knowledge from both a technical and client benefit perspective;
- Support and manage client expectations, as well as monitor the execution of projects;
- Prepare and facilitate technical presentations with clients for industry conferences;
- Develop strategies and proposals for pipeline assessment projects;
- Work interactively with engineers, planners, and scientists on projects;
- Work directly with clients to understand and meet their expectations;
- Responsible for contract negotiations, pricing strategies, and proposal preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, a Professional Engineer is a plus
- Prior sales or management experience is required (technical sales or consulting engineering firms specializing in the water and /or waste water markets)
- Must work cohesively and collaboratively with multiple departments/levels and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be independent and operate with minimal supervision
- Strong business sense of how to develop, grow, and maintain sales revenues in assigned territory
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, written and verbal
- Experience within the water industry is highly desired
- Knowledge and experience working in the Northwest is a plus
- Remote office environment, but will be required to travel to the field.
- Approximately 50-70% travel on average, could be heavier at certain times of the year. The Western Region is geographically large and travel is dependent on client/project needs and building relationships in person.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move in a field environment, as well as in office.
The estimated salary range for this position is $95,000 to $115,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.