Business Development Manager Digital Solutions EUSales | Torokbalint, Hungary, Hungary
Your Water Challenge as a Business Development Manager Digital Solutions EU
The Business Development Manager for Digital Solutions is responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable business growth for Digital Solutions and its related services. This means deployment and commercialization of Digital Offerings to the local markets and further on to customers within Europe, as well as identifying internal and external needs and driving activities to enable rapid growth at scale of Xylem´s Digital Offering.
In order to achieve the targets, an important aspect of the role is to help foster a mindset shift inside the organization, to adapt the traditional industrial culture and processes to a digital environment characterized by rapid technological development and need for quick and flexible reaction to customer needs and market changes.
This role manages digital solutions through the whole lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, value proposition and working closely with various RD&E teems to delivering and introducing winning products to the market in close collaboration with the commercial teams in EU. This position is responsible for executing strategies to accelerate roll-out of digital solutions and sales of adjacent services. The work also includes cooperation with other CoEs to develop bundled digitally enabled services and solutions.
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Proactively drive and execute product launches in close collaboration with the CoEs, Vertical Marketing, Commercial Teams and Communications and act as an ambassador to for the digital transformation of Xylems services to customers.
- Collaborate with Sales, Vertical Marketing, CoEs, the team in Holland, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the VOC.
- Collaborate with other CoEs in the development of advanced digitally enabled services.
- Develop appealing, and when possible a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs.
- Deliver training and support and actively follow-up adoption with the local commercial teams to identify and address any barriers for success on the market.
- Ensure close collaboration with Marketing functions for powerful sales and marketing collateral (new and existing products, application areas, thought leadership content etc.) by contributing to content development.
- Actively participate in the development of sales tools and ensure its product data is updated including the web sites.
- Take accountability for the technical performance of the products as defined in the product specifications.
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out and being responsible for keeping its assortment competitive and give ideas for Value Engineering initiatives.
Defining the product(digital solutions)
- Develop product/digital solutions portfolio roadmap covering positioning and value proposition to serve as input into product development.
- Manage the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the portfolio including; new product development, value improvements, product introductions, ongoing marketing, product support and service.
- Oversee the full infrastructure for products including managing 3rd party suppliers and support teams.
- Understand and specify market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product related market research supported by Voice of Customer received through on-going visits to customers and other stakeholders.
- Monitor competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance.
Sales/orders performance and profitability of the products
- Collaborate with local Sales and Marketing teams to understand rationale behind wins and losses and market trends.
- Identify and manage with relevant functions (purchasing, supply chain, etc.) the right partners to ensure a reliable quality and availability of the products.
- Carefully follow up sales and order with the aim to reach targets, if not identify and drive actions to close the gap.
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets and support the regions to drive and implement plans in order to meet targets set up.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor+ of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution, or equivalent. Furthermore you are digitally oriented and able to translate and accelerate the benefits of digital solutions to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization within an engineering company.
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- A minimum of 5-7 years previous experience in product management in an industrial equipment environment (specific pump industry experience is preferred).
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable (e.g. the Dutch language).
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Colour and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We are looking forward to your application – LETS SOLVE WATER TOGETHER!