Backend Lead DeveloperEngineering | Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
The Role: Backend lead:
· Application leads will own and lead the development process from definition to deployment.
· Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem's software offering. Create and maintain back end-oriented services and microservices utilized by the rest of our architecture.
· Write the best code. Team leads should set a good example for the rest of the team.
· Mentor the team. Team leads should use coaching practices and know-how to give honest feedback, which will help motivate people to become better at their work.
· Bring to the job excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
· Provide technical guidance and architecture design to the project
· Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
· Maintain and improve existing cloud-based applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
· Create and maintain back end-oriented services and microservices utilized by the rest of our architecture.
· Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas.
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
· Bachelor/Master in Computer Science or Electronics & Communication or related fields
· Master in fundamental computer science principles - Computer Algorithms, Architect and Networks
· 7 Year's minimum of Java development in a team environment
· Strong development background with latest Architecture trends, Java/Java EE Technologies, Object-Oriented Programming Concepts.
· Experience with MongoDB, Influx DB or similar SQL databases
· Experience in IoT applications
· Experience with Microservice development and the application of DDD concepts
· Experience with Agile methodology or similar lean startup approach to building software.