Accounts Payable ProcessorFinance | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Accounts Payable Administrator plays a critical role in the day to day activities of the Accounts Payable team, supporting the business by ensuring transactions are processed in line with business process standards and delivering high levels of customer service. This individual reports to the AP Team Leader and will work closely with finance team members, Procurement and other key stakeholders of the assigned units.
The role requires a self-driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in ensuring that all Supplier invoices are processed promptly and correctly in accordance with the agreed business terms and delegation of authority.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Processing manual and electronic invoices to the Finance ERP systems, ensuring controls are adhered to as defined in the Delegation of Authority.
- Dealing with foreign invoices ensuring the correct VAT treatment and currencies are applied.
- Interpret data from Finance system to reconcile Supplier accounts and resolve complex queries.
- Proactively liaise with managers and requisitioners to promptly resolve invoice and purchase order differences.
- Liaise with Group Procurement to arrange corrections to purchase orders.
- Play a key role in the financial close periods by preparing accruals and processing adhoc journals.
- Identify and assist in the implementation of improvements within the Accounts Payable team to streamline work processes
- Work as a point of contact for the business and Suppliers for all invoice and payment related queries.
- Ad hoc analytical work looking into potential overpayments, and if necessary contacting suppliers to secure repayment.
- Effectively and professionally engage with suppliers, key stakeholders and colleagues.
- Partner with the Finance and Accounts Payable section to drive efficiencies.
- Conduct user acceptance testing for system upgrades and changes
- Assist with providing requested information for internal and external auditors
- Individual may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalise peak work period’s, or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Participate in trainings to develop and improve skills required for the role.
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
- Assist with the Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) account, working with the Finance Team to investigate and clear aged items.
- Process development
- Strong support to Management, Procurement, FP&A, Finance, Ops, Sales and other stakeholders of the Organisation
- Ensure that financial controls are followed throughout AP
- External: External Audit, Consultants, Vendors, Banks
- Internal: Europe financial team (Operations, Commercial, Functional Support, and Finance CI leaders), Procurement team, Internal Audit; local business users
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Professional accounting qualification AAT and/or professional accounting experience
- 2+ years’ experience of high volume Accounts Payable Accounting experience in a fast paced dynamic shared services environment
- Good understanding of the Accounts Payable process, including sub ledger and general ledger account balancing and reconciliation
- Proficient analytical skills and data analysis ability with the background and a deep knowledge of business systems applications.
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Vendor Relations experience, good customer service skills
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment; Good follow through skills
- Proficient with an ERP system and experience using Accounts Payable workflow tools.
- Proficient usage of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong verbal and written communication and relationship building skills
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin colour, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.
Feel free to visit us at www.xylem.com
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Recruiter Kelsie Hill - email@example.com