Technical Training SpecialistMarketing | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring a Technical Training Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
Your Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Technical Training Specialist that will be responsible for the creation and delivery of new and existing training materials for various channels, including customers, partners, and internal teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and deliver training materials to sales channels and end customers during multi-day training events.
- Work cross- functionally to gather requirements for new training content.
- Manage content for internal and external facing education and training sites.
- Track and compile training feedback.
- Monitor the effectiveness of current training programs and help create strategies for improved training experiences.
- Coordinate the scheduling of training events.
- Create and update education and training team process documentation.
- Up to 50% travel required to deliver training in multiple locations (primarily in our training facility in the Chicago, Illinois metro area).
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in education, engineering, training, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-2 years of direct experience creating and delivering training to multiple audiences, including external customers and channel partners.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite required.
- Experience with LMS content management systems and L&D content creation tools such as Articulate.
- Organizational and time management skills to include the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with channel partners, sales personnel and other internal stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with water systems, including pumps, hydronic and steam system design, operation, and troubleshooting is strongly preferred.
- Articulate 360 proficiency preferred by not required.
DAY IN THE LIFE: In this role, you will work primarily in an office setting and the physical demands may include but not limited to light lifting up to 25 lbs. In addition, this role will require travel up to 50% to deliver training in multiple locations (primarily in our training facility in the Chicago, Illinois metro area).
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.