Strategic Account ManagerSales | Any Location - Texas, United States
We’re Hiring for a Strategic Account Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Strategic Account Manager expands and maintains relationships with Xylem’s most valued customer and client accounts. These accounts are mostly water utilities, with the exception being a defined group of Consultants and Contractors that are closely aligned with Xylem’s water utility accounts. Assigned to Five to Ten identified strategically large complex accounts, the Strategic Account Manager is responsible for achieving orders growth and assigned KPIs specific to the account. The Strategic Account Manager represents all of Xylem’s business interests to the assigned accounts, while leading the account planning cycle and ensuring the assigned accounts’ needs and expectations are met by Xylem Inc.
The Strategic Account Manager also indirectly leads a defined team of sales and business development professionals that serve the account from each of our traditional lines of business and traditional channels to market – including third party. Some key strategic aspects of the role include a rich understanding of the account’s goals (formal & informal), joint long-term planning, and new product introduction. The successful Strategic Account Manager will establish/build a deep network of trusted relationships throughout Xylem’s internal and channel teams, from which they can best serve their accounts. The Strategic Account Manager Reports to the Director of Sales, Account Management & Digital Services.
We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned accounts broadly across their Utility Organization.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic business objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a multi-yeartime period. Given our sales cycles this role is focused on long term growth of the total account – year over year.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates account needs on an ongoing basis tying the account need to our Products and Services to create outcomes.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address account needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary Xylem resources.
- Enlists the support of sales, marketing, product management, engineering, operations, and all other resources required on an as needed basis. Utilizes Account Based Marketing (ABM) as a key tool.
- Closely coordinates company leadership and executive involvement with account management as required to establish peer to peer selling.
- Works closely with Customer Service to ensure customer satisfaction (positive net promoter score) and problem resolution is managed in a timely manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five years of strategic account sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Excellent presentation skills with small, large, and diverse groups
- PC proficiency, CRM, Strategic Pricing, and all relative Microsoft Suite products
- Master of Business and Administration
- Participation in the Strategic Account Management Association
The estimated salary range for this position is $155,000 to $170,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.