Sr. Continuous Improvement SpecialistContinuous Improvement | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist to lead project teams and to execute projects aligned to critical business priorities. These projects will generate financial results and drive process improvement and efficiency.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional projects designed to analyze and design sequence of operations and work flows to improve efficiencies.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- Develop and implement plans and programs for advanced manufacturing processes and facility modifications to reduce labor hours and costs of manufacturing through Lean Manufacturing.
- Interfaces with other departments to identify improvement opportunities for driving high quality and efficient processes
- Mobilizes problem solving teams and supports groups to streamline processes
- Facilitates kaizen events to drive continuous improvements in operations and office areas, including effective preparation and follow-up
- Participates on multiple projects and applies continuous improvement techniques leveraging Lean Six Sigma methodologies to solve problems and build new capabilities.
- Shares best practices and develops coordinated plans.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements and remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Assist in development of long-range vision for ‘next-generation’ manufacturing plant.
- Apply Best in Class benchmarks, cost analysis, Lean Six Sigma techniques to study manufacturing systems and operations. Identify cost and quality improvement projects.
- Work with product engineering and development functions to enable successful product launch and VOD/VAVE initiatives
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- 5+ years of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial benefit
- Hands-on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including employment of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Experienced in problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma, A3’s, 5 Why, 8D’s and Fishbone diagrams, as well as creating documents such as FEMA’s, PFMEAs, control plans and flow charts
- Facilitated or participated in at least 2 separate week long kaizen events while performing proper preparation and follow up
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining detailed project plans for large scale projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- LSS Black Belt or Lean Master certification
- 5-10 years’ experience within a manufacturing industry that does machining, assembly, and welding.
- Experience working in union environments
- ERP/MRP knowledge and experience
- Robust knowledge of MS office applications including Project and Visio
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Normal office and manufacturing environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.