Service Center ManagerGeneral Management | Minneapolis, MN, United States
We’re Hiring for a Service Center Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Service Center Manager will be responsible for achieving and maintaining profitability of a Xylem service center through the management of daily operations and delivery of exceptional customer service. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Manage labor, maintenance and repair costs while maintaining product quality.
- Maintain flexible, efficient, and effective workflows and systems to reach financial and operational excellence. Contribute to the development and deployment of systemic improvements to enhance the safety, quality, capacity, and capability of business processes within the service center. Execute continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies to achieve business goals.
- Coordinate equipment requirements to maintain an inventory adequate for efficient operation and maximum utilization. Routinely assess the need for rental equipment through feedback from sales personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Contribute to the development to increase capacity within the service center to support service and repair on multiple Xylem product lines.
- Utilize Net Promoter Score to identify opportunities for improving customer satisfaction and enhancing the customer experience. Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to recognize areas of customer dissatisfaction and develop plans to improve.
- Ensure compliance of local, state, and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA and EEOC). Satisfy customer, corporate and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
- Ensure the maintenance of a hazard-free and safe operating work environment. Serve as a role model and set a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and human resource management.
- Promote and encourage a culture of teamwork employing best practices that benefit all employees.
- Continuously coach and develop the skills and knowledge of all employees and model Xylem’s Core Values of: Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, and Creativity.
- Assess employee performance based on clearly communicated expectations and hold employees accountable for performance.
- Deploy matrix management leadership skills to effectively build relationships with peer managers to drive employee performance and accountability.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, operations management or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 5+ years of industrial and/or relatable leadership experience, within a complex industrial or operations environment.
- 3+ years’ previous business management experience, including direct P&L responsibility.
- 3+ years’ experience in related field of pumps, pumping systems, equipment rental or construction preferred.
- Experience in Safety procedures/protocols and enhancement
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, strengths in goal setting, delegation, coaching and motivating.
- Highly developed management, organization, and communication skills
- Successful track record in managing budgets and/or P&L responsibility.
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills.
- General knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a facility and mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulics; pneumatics; water flow; diesel, gas and electric motors preferred.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications
DAY IN THE LIFE:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Shop/Job Site: Intermittent exposure to jobsite conditions and hazards; petrochemical, refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc. Intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
The estimated salary range for this position is $100,000 to $115,000. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.