Senior Internal AuditorFinance | Madrid, Spain, Spain
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Xylem is a global market leader in water & wastewater transport & treatment for municipal and industrial customers.
Assists with the development of work plans and execution of various internal audits including Balance Sheet reviews, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOA) and other compliance and operational audits. Based on a firm understanding of auditing standards, conducts various reviews to ensure Xylems’ facilities compliance with established policies, SOA and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
As a member of the Xylem Headquarters Internal Audit Group, and reporting to the Regional IA Manager, you will lead/ assist co-sourced Internal Audit Teams on various global projects with a focus on the EMEIA region, ), that encompass areas of SOA compliance, operational, financial and specialized audits. Key responsibilities include review and identification of SOA site controls, assessment of control design, recommending control design improvements where applicable, testing key controls and thorough completion of all work-paper testing and test plans. Financial audits will include review and testing of key balance sheet accounts, financial reporting and other operational audits or special projects.
Expected to be seen as a valued business partner to Xylem’s business teams across the Company.
- This position offers an excellent opportunity to become familiarized with the Xylem businesses and opens the door to other opportunities.
- This position is considered a pass-through position leading to an opportunity in one of the Xylem businesses, or at the Regional level.
Candidate should be a self-starter and highly motivated. Motivation to grow within Xylem is a must. This position offers an excellent opportunity to become familiarized with the Xylem businesses and opens the door to other opportunities within operations/ finance. This position is considered as a 'pass-through position' for talents leading to an opportunity in one of the Xylem businesses, or at the Regional level.
- The position requires an undergraduate degree with a focus in finance, economics or accounting.
- 5-7 years of internal audit experience with a large manufacturing enterprise and/or internationally recognized accounting firm.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience in SOX is a must.
- Must be excellent proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English is required plus a second European language.
- Experience with Data mining and data analytics tools (e.g., Power BI) is preferred.
- Professional designation (e.g. CIA or ACA, ACCA) also preferred.
- 35% global International travel is required.