Sales RepresentativeSales | Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re Hiring for a Sales Representative!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
The Role: Sales Representative required to manage customer base in British Columbia. Will be responsible for maintaining current market share and growing the business in a designated sales region. The Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing the financial performance of their territory by expanding the sales of Xylem’s industry leading Flygt brand solutions and services. Utilizing strong technical and product knowledge, this team player will solve customers’ fluid handling opportunities and increase company business through the development of Flygt pumping systems and solutions, and aftermarket sales and services in the wastewater treatment plant and collections markets which we serve.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maximize financial performance of the region by expanding the sales of Xylem’s industry leading Flygt brand solutions and services.
- Grow the sales volume of territory accounts in compliance with all company policies, instructions and directives. This includes aggressively soliciting orders by developing construction marketing data leads, answering incoming requests for quotation, cold calling, and all other means possible.
- Apply application technologies to drive specifications, and to provide useful and practical pumps, services and solutions to customers, while seeking new uses for company products.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to drive bid reporting services and lead management in addition to build company image to drive new opportunities and brand recognition within the territory.
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline utilizing SalesForce.com.
- Identify, develop and implement local marketing strategies to expand penetration of Xylem’s products in assigned business.
- Build consultative relationships with municipal end users, consultant engineering firms, and utility contractors to position Flygt solutions to solve customer’s issues and win more projects for Xylem.
- Create synergy opportunities for cross-business consultative selling based on an understanding and awareness of the Xylem solution set.
- Be alert to competitive products and practices and keep management informed of market conditions, competitive scope and approach and any trends in the market place.
- Prepare and assist with various sales reports. This includes bids, proposals, quotes, sales forecasts, expense reports, and SFDC engagement and utilization. Also submit any special reports to create white papers, showcase wins, acceptance of products, or other data as may be required.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, sales blitzes, committee activities, conventions and trade shows as directed. Participate in other worthwhile community activities as public relations asset to the company.
- Keep abreast of and review/analyze online bid services such as Dodge Room, Contractors Exchange Research, and State Revolving Fund IUP reports to maintain awareness of funding and public bid opportunities.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical experience and degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ sales or sales related experience (pump or process industry preferred).
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulic, pneumatics, water flow, electric motors in related field of pumps, pumping systems, or construction preferred.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is strongly preferred.
- Ability to present product education seminars to municipal end users and consultant engineers to drive specification of Flygt Equipment is a must.
- Knowledge of consultative/value based selling to municipal end users, consultant engineers and utility contractors.
- Effective organizational and communication skills (written/verbal).
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Proven presentation and communication skills including face-to face interaction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to safely and effectively operate a company vehicle for extended periods of time throughout cities, job sites, major highways and interstates (including tunnels and bridges) and in all weather conditions
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Job Site: Regular exposure to job site conditions and hazards; e.g. water and waste water treatment plants and collections systems, construction sites, industrial/power plants, , etc.
- Shop: intermittent exposure to pump repair shop to interact with service technicians.
- Standard weekly job hours:40+
- Travel requirement:50%+ or as required
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.