Sales RepresentativeSales | Suwanee, GA, United States
We’re Hiring for a Sales Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Sales Manager will be responsible for maximizing the financial performance of their assigned territory by expanding the sales of Xylem’s industry leading Flygt brand solutions and services. Utilizing strong technical and product knowledge, this team player will solve customers’ fluid handling opportunities and increase company business through the development of Flygt pumping systems and solutions and aftermarket sales and services in the wastewater treatment plant and collections markets which we serve. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Maximize financial performance of the region by expanding the sales of Xylem’s industry leading Flygt brand solutions and services.
- Grow the sales volume of territory accounts in compliance with all company policies, instructions and directives. This includes aggressively soliciting orders by developing construction marketing data leads, answering incoming requests for quotation, cold calling, and all other means possible.
- Apply application technologies to drive specifications, and to provide useful and practical pumps, services and solutions to customers, while seeking new uses for company products.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to drive bid reporting services and lead management in addition to build company image to drive new opportunities and brand recognition within the territory.
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline utilizing SalesForce.com.
- Identify, develop and implement local marketing strategies to expand penetration of Xylem’s products in assigned business.
- Build consultative relationships with municipal end users, consultant engineering firms, and utility contractors to position Flygt solutions to solve customer’s issues and win more projects for Xylem.
- Create synergy opportunities for cross-business consultative selling based on an understanding and awareness of the Xylem solution set.
- Be alert to competitive products and practices and keep management informed of market conditions, competitive scope and approach and any trends in the market
- Prepare and assist with various sales reports. This includes bids, proposals, quotes, sales forecasts, expense reports, and SFDC engagement and utilization. Also submit any special reports to create white papers, showcase wins, acceptance of products, or other data as may be required.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, sales blitzes, committee activities, conventions and trade shows as directed. Participate in other worthwhile community activities as public relations asset to the company.
- Keep abreast of and review/analyze online bid services such as Dodge Room, Contractors Exchange Research, and State Revolving Fund IUP reports to maintain awareness of funding and public bid opportunities.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical experience and degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ sales or sales related experience (pump or process industry preferred).
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulic, pneumatics, water flow, electric motors in related field of pumps, pumping systems, or construction preferred.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is preferred.
- Ability to present product education seminars to municipal end users and consultant engineers to drive specification of Flygt Equipment.
- Knowledge of consultative/value-based selling to municipal end users, consultant engineers and utility contractors.
- Effective organizational and communication skills (written/verbal).
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Proven presentation and communication skills including face-to face interaction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is office-based job site based which provides regular exposure to job site conditions and hazards including water and wastewater treatment plans and collection systems, construction sites, industrial/power plants. In addition, intermittent exposure to pump repair shop conditions to interact with service technicians. The physical demands may include but not limited to operating a company vehicle for extended periods of time throughout cities, job sites, major highways and interstates (including tunnels and bridges) and in all-weather conditions, moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements, must be able to lift 70+ pounds, regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility and walking or standing at least 6+ hours per day. Standard weekly job hours are 40+ hours per week. Travel requirement: very limited overnight travel (less than 10% overnight travel)
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.