Quality EngineerOperations | Auburn, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Quality Engineer shall be responsible for continuous support of manufacturing operations and procurement for the provision of Quality Products and the assurance of robust operations. The Quality Engineer will be well versed in analysis and problem solving techniques for the continuous delivery of products that enhance the customer experience. Engagement with and leading co-workers in the continuous development and enhancement of the manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Understands and has a comprehension of Quality Engineering concepts and skills
- Execute the projects related to Quality Assurance
- Promote use of new technologies to innovate and provide a competitive advantage
- Ensure developed products meet quality and reliability goals
- Develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals for the support of manufacturing and purchased components
- Deploy quality assurance (QA) concepts and quality control (QC) methods
- Support member of the Material Review Board (MRB)
- Communicate and resolve quality issues and apply root cause analysis to drive corrective and preventive actions
- Work on continuous improvement activities. These include participating in Quality Improvement Teams
- Provide quality reports and review trending on assigned areas of responsibility
- Conduct failure investigations and problem analysis regarding customer complaints, stock evaluations, warranty returns, and CAPAs (internal or audit CAPAs)
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Quality/Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Manufacturing Quality Control
- Communicate clearly and candidly
- Embrace diversity and inclusion
- Analytical decision making
- Technical problem solving
- Innovative Thinking
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical
- Experience in Applied Statistics, Statistical Data, or Engineering Statistics
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.