Product Manager, Xylem Laboratory Solutions, Americas (Remote)Product Management | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Product Manager for Xylem Laboratory Solutions in the Americas will operate at the intersection of Xylem global product managers, sales, product specialists, and order fulfillment operations. Their primary objective will be to build and implement a growth strategy for technologies developed by our global teams outside of the Americas. This will include selecting products based on market demands, providing global product managers with feedback on adaptations and requirements for those products in the Americas. It will also include ERP implementation, day-to-day marketing, training of the sales team, standardized business reporting, and ongoing customer engagement. Reporting to the Segment Manager, they will drive the organization’s short and long-term business objectives for these products, comply with regulations and standards, and protect the organization’s public reputation, especially as it relates to product quality and customer support.
This is an ideal mid-career position for a person with a commercial and entrepreneurial instinct, but whose early career stages involved scientific training.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the Laboratory Segment Manager in the development and implementation of annual marketing plans for growth of a specific scope of laboratory products manufactured outside of the Americas. Marketing plans for this product line will have a significant ecommerce component.
- Provide global product managers with market research and Voice of Customer (VOC) projects that will be used in product development, product adaptation, and product marketing for the Americas.
- Provide global product managers with competitive analyses, especially talking to users of competitive technologies in the Americas.
- Oversee the launch of specific products in the Americas, by assisting with ERP management, coordinating the training of sales and technical support, and working closely with the order fulfillment team to develop the processes for product delivery to customers. Identification of products suitable for ecommerce is a high priority.
- Define advertising objectives and recommend choice of media for products being marketed in the Americas.
- Work closely with marketing and communication specialists to adapt content from other regions for the Americas, Expand our ecommerce offerings, and Build scripts and participate in product videos for social media, web assets and other digital channels (must be willing to be in front of the camera).
- Coordinate the training of sales representatives in the main features and value propositions, working closely with the global product managers and product specialists who are product experts and will deliver most training.
- Contribute to the technical outlook and product roadmaps for Xylem Laboratory Solutions, learning to build the business case for prioritizing which products we launch.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor activity to identify market opportunities; adjust marketing strategy and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions.
- Liaise with other functional and operational area managers (particularly in sales, customer service, production, research and development) to ensure that marketing strategies and activities are integrated with other parts of the business and align with the overall corporate objectives.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree that has included laboratory-based courses and preference will be given to candidates with courses in entrepreneurship, business or marketing.
- Candidates must have experience working in a commercial environment, ideally in a product management role.
- Preferred candidates will have 2-3 years of experience working in a laboratory or highly technical environment.
- Fluent in English, with strong preference for candidates who can speak at least one additional language (Spanish, French or German especially preferred).
- Able to travel up to 25% during peak times (1 week per month), to attend customer trainings, conferences, regional or international sales meetings, trainings with product managers, etc.
- International travel 1-2 times per year (must have U.S. Passport).
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- This can be a 100% remote position, with preference for candidates within driving distance of Dayton, Ohio.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)
Salary Range $70,000-95,000 based on a full-time schedule (Colorado Only)
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in addition to base pay.