Service Shop TechnicianOperations | Savannah, GA, United States
We’re Hiring a Service Shop Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Service Shop Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, service, repair, and maintenance of Xylem's Flygt products in a safe and efficient manner at the Xylem Service Center or via phone. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems, hydraulic systems, pump end issues and repair/rebuild as necessary using computerized diagnostic tools.
- Perform routine equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three to five years of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic experience and/or formal training or combination of education and training.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical issues.
- Working knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment.
- Familiarity with engine diagnostic tools.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is subject to temperature fluctuations, noise, and fumes within limits of OSHA standards. The physical demands may include but not limited to sitting and standing for long periods of time, reaching, bending and moving about the facility and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.