Market Development Manager - Southeast RegionSales | Nashville, TN, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges.
This position is responsible for driving sales growth in the industrial market segment, focusing on general industry, O&G and mining, but also involving the brands AC Fire, Flygt, Godwin and Goulds Water Technology. The employee will work closely with distributors to grow pump, motor, monitoring & controls and treatment products.
*This territory will be in Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee*
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a Master Business Plan with each distributor.
- Deliver order and sales targets versus budgets. Work with distributors to increase sales & market share of products in territory. Open new distributors where and when necessary.
- Motivate and implement growth strategies with distribution channels.
- Travel with distributor personnel to train and help grow Xylem product sales.
- Maintain and grow large project funnel in coordination with channels.
- Assist the marketing team in defining new markets and product opportunities.
- Make prospecting calls on EPC, OEM and end users with channels.
- Hold trainings for channels and channel customers.
- Attend local trade association meetings and conduct trainings.
- Keep management advised of competitors’ activities in the territory / region.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business / Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience in the industrial pump market.
- Understanding of hydraulics’ and electronics.
- Experience with pump systems, electric motors, controls & monitoring and packaged pump stations.
- Individual must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of field sales experience.
- Experience managing distribution channels.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- 50%-70% travel required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.