ICA Field Sales Engineer (Northern UK)Engineering | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
To procure business, frameworks, contracts, projects & specification sales for Instrumentation, Control and Automation on behalf of Xylem Water Solutions UK Ltd and increase the Xylem brand profile within the all UK markets, specifically in the Northern area of the UK region (approximately ‘Midlands’ north).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- The position is for a ‘Field Sales Engineer’ to cover Instrumentation, Control and Automation equipment within the Northern half of the UK, and comprises the following activities;
- The position will be responsible for the development of business created within all Markets and to ensure maximum gains in share of wallet by offering all Xylem products and services which specifically include:
- Instrumentation (various)
- Control Panels
- Variable Speed Drives
- Telemetry solutions
- Pump Controllers
- Digital solutions
- Condition Based Monitoring solutions
- In addition to the above, the position will also be responsible for the development of business created within the Water Utilities, Infrastructure, Industry and Building Services as well as Contractors and Consultants for both Product Sales and Service Sales as detailed above.
- The incumbent will be tasked within Water Utilities in the region with identifying & exploiting new frameworks, existing frameworks/sales, opportunities, new applications and support to ensure that Xylem is further recognised within the water utilities and its Contractors/Consultants to enable Xylem UK to further develop high level relations to procure incremental business by securing new contracts and by outperforming our competition.
- To work in close co-operation with the Municipal/ Non Muni’ / Building Services Sales field sales engineers, product champions i.e. Treatment, Clean & Waste Water Products in developing the sales growth through Contractors, Engineering design consultants and contacts in line with Xylem Water Solutions Strategy. This to include both product and service sales revenue, with a clear focus on market business development for short, medium and long term projections.
- The requirement will be to work with the local Xylem Service Area Manager & Service Teams to ensure above market rate growth whilst ensuring an aligned and channeled approach.
- To develop and maintain any Xylem Framework Agreement performance and key stakeholder relationships within the Water Utility arena as well as the Infrastructure contractor market and work in partnership with these to ensure maximum gain in share of wallet and delivery performance is achieved.
- To develop new framework agreement opportunities that suit the Xylem ICA Product/Service capability by developing new relationships within the customer base stakeholders by working in partnership with them to ensure Xylem are in a strong position to win and maximise the potential gain in share of wallet.
- To develop and maintain Account Plans and Call Plans for both the Municipal and Infrastructure sectors which will include Contractors, Engineering Design Consultants, Infrastructure owners and end user contacts to ensure they are being followed, supported and developed by the business in order to drive growth and sustain the strong relationships already in place, thus bringing them closer to Xylem.
- To proactively develop and maintain key contracts within the Water Utilities, Contractors and Infrastructure Customers ensuring discounts/rebate schemes are in place where applicable and are up to date. The discounts/rebate schemes will need to be coordinated with the Xylem back office to ensure correct accruals of fees and discounts are applied as appropriate.
- To actively manage the Regional ICA Sales Budget whilst identifying growth areas to enhance set budgets.
- To research and maintain market intelligence, including information on competitors and price levels to assist in day to day decisions and the formulation of strategy and budget planning regarding the allocated markets and products.
- To monitor competitor performance on Frameworks whilst developing strategic plans for new upcoming frameworks.
- Operate an approximately 40/40/20 weekly working ethos, 40% managing existing customers/accounts, 40% Prospecting new customers/opportunities and 20% quote follow-ups, diary management and admin.
- Ensuring customer accounts are managed effectively from a Finance perspective by working closely with Xylem Accounts department to ensure accounts do not become overdue and that measures are in place to monitor customer payments.
- Ability to organise, facilitate and deliver Product/Service Presentations, Lunch & Learns etc. direct to all Customer variants. Ability to organise customer events such as innovation days, site visits, factory visits and other associated customer facing events as part of the annual marketing plan or the strategic customer business plan for the region.
- Any other duties, within your capabilities, as required by Management. i.e. Dispute resolution, troubleshooting customer issues, managing customer complaints, reacting to customer emergency requests.
- At least 3 years working in the Municipal / Infrastructure Sector or adjacent markets.
- At least 3 years working in a Sales position within the Instrumentation, Control and Automation sector
- Engineering or Business qualification that will compensate that level of expertise.
- Must have a good understanding of Windows based computer programs, in particular Excel.
- Experience of using a proprietary CRM system (‘Salesforce’ preferable).
- Existing contacts & relationships with relevant Water Company(s), Design Engineers and Key Tier 1 / M&E Contractors (preferable).
- Current or previous membership of relevant industry bodies (e.g. British Water, BPMA) (preferred).
- Full driving license (preferably clean).