Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Regional Manager Central Europe m/f/dOperations | Langenhagen, Germany, Germany
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 21.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at Xylem - a job with a purpose.
EHS Regional Manager Central Europe m/f/d
- Lead the EHS Central Region as per the EHS strategy: lead the local team to deliver regional established EHS objectives
- Lead and manage change to establish a culture of safe working while creating organizational capability and continuous improvement mindset and state of the art practice, standards, engagement, risk management and communication
- Develop and coach the local EHS and Operational Teams to foster learning with understanding on EHS systems and processes while providing information, instruction and training at all levels of the organization to enhance the overall EHS performance and engagement
- Develop, deploy, and review Company’s Environmental, Health & Safety and sustainability operational policies and procedures in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, & Xylem corporate model programs
- Lead EHS audits, inspections and positive interventions across all business units and locations within the geography, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, company policy and procedure and identify best practices
- Lead incident investigations to identify root causes, develop and implement corrective action plans. Ensure sharing of learnings across the greater Xylem business
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly EHS data reporting; take action in case of deviation to the established EHS goals
- Carry out other reasonable request’s / tasks within the capabilities of the post holder tasks as may be defined that may be required in order to develop the business
- Liaise with internal officers on matters of Legal, Insurance and Technical aspects which may affect the business in relation to EHS
- To have a recognized EHS Qualification to Degree level/equivalent standard or extensive experience - Chartered member of the Institution of Safety and Health would be desirable
- Relevant knowledge and understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety Law and its application to the work environment
- Experience in project management/ contractor management, construction, and commissioning
- A proven track record and experience in driving a successful cultural change: ability to lead and influence people at all levels
- Strong people leader with excellent emotional intelligence
- Continuous improvement mindset (Lean mindset), ability to spot risk and deviation and ability to educate the local teams to recognize these
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the ISO management standards and their application in the work environment
- Business fluent in German and English
- Willingness to travel (approx. 50%)
What we offer:
- A permanent position with compensation in line with the market as a fixed monthly salary
- Performance-related special payments
- Christmas and vacation bonus
- 30 days of vacation
- 39 hours per week with flexible working hours
- A professional induction
- Regular feedback meetings
- Internal and external trainings
- Flat hierarchies and an open-door culture
- Bicycle or e-bike leasing
- Xylem Watermark: social commitment, sustainable products and a corporate foundation ensure a valuable contribution to our society
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Britta Reimann, Corporate Recruiter at Tel.: +49 152 22832510
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.