Deputy Manager PurchaseOperations | Plant –Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: ……….. (Designation and brief about role)
Dy. Manager – Motor, Panel & Fabrication Sourcing
Sourcing of Motor, Panel & fabrications required for Pumps used in water industries.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.) (Bullets)
- Knowledge of LT motor, Panel, fabrication of Pump Components, Supplier Base and Cost structure.
- Planning of supplier selections for the orders based on client requirement, cost etc.
- Synchronizing material flow to the factory
- Supplier development & education to meet the quality standard, EHS initiatives and Sustainability
- Analytical ability to measure and continually improve the performance on procurement KPIs to meet the business objectives.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
(Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.) (Bullets)
- BE / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years of experience in Pump industry catering to irrigation industry.
- Familiar with motor, panel & pump parts sourcing,
- Procurement skills with ability of planning supplier capacities
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.) (Bullets)
- Compliance to ISO requirements, Procedures, reporting
- Sustainability and EHS initiatives.
- Develop metrics and Improve KPIs to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Supplier performance monitoring and developing action plans
- Conducting business reviews with key suppliers.
(Additional preferences for a specific position.)(Bullets)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Candidate is required to be flexible in work schedules.
- May require to travel 35% of the time.