CI Director Transactional Excellence WI&EUOperations | Schaffhausen, Switzerland, Switzerland
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
- Lead / co-lead high complexity projects using Continuous Improvement tools within the Water Infrastructure and EU Commercial Organization
- Project leadership implies identifying opportunities, defining and financially justifying projects, launching project teams, using strong project management skills to manage team activities, leading teams to execute projects with the problem solving methodology, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers, and developing team members. It is also critical to identify integration issues with other projects/processes/business departments and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
- Working closely with Operation and the Commercial Teams to identify process bottlenecks, conduct root cause analysis and implement process improvements & digital solutions across the business or organization;
- Working closely with IT Business Relationship Manager to streamline & standardize the processes before digitizing.
- Driving Standardization and Global Best Practices within the organization.
- Performing business analysis and quantifying decisions through the utilization of data.
- Coordinating execution and delivery of specific work streams with an important focus on applying Lean to the Operations processes.
- Leveraging on Lean to redesign critical processes, screening needs with stakeholders, assess business benefits, develop and rollout specific projects
- Drive/Facilitate Kaizen events, VSM events or Process Mapping Workshops as needed
- Provide strong analytical insight to support the business in the identification of critical projects KPIs.
- Assure appropriate metrics to validate CI projects result achievement and track improvements
- Facilitate, train and coach team members in the use of Continuous Improvement tools
- Be accountable to constantly seek, share and implement best practices across WI & EU CT
- Identify and propose potential process technology improvements projects, where possible.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES
- 7-10 years working experience within international Companies with at least 5 years of exposure to CI
- Lean BB Certification (or Lean Master Certification)
- Experience / know-how of Digital technologies in handling and driving innovation, transformation projects along with change management with internal & external partners
- Ability to challenge status quo & out of the box thinking
- Strong analytical Skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to lead and direct an improvement team. Must be a results orientated “change agent” who is an effective business systems thinker
- Must be able to manage risk and ambiguity on a project
- Team working attitude, inclusive behaviour
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Flexibility to move across projects
- Candidate must be proficient in the English language and preferably in another European Language (French, Spanish, Italian, German)
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Economics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and preferably Minitab, Visio
- Financial Acumen
Travelling expectations: 10-25% of working time