High Resolution, Vertical Water Column Measurement
The 6952 Ocean Buoy Vertical Profiling System is designed for ocean coastal applications or high energy environments.
- Submersible, water-tight enclosure for control electronics
- Optional depth sounder which automatically compensates for varying water levels from tides, reservoir levels, etc.
- Uses top and bottom as reference points for software controlled positioning
- Profiles up and down and parks at any depth
- Redundant error recovery logic detects unexpected activity and recovers automatically
The 6952 Buoy Vertical Profiling System offers user-programmable sample intervals, redundant error recovery logic that detects unexpected activity and recovers automatically, and is compatible with all YSI EXO sondes equipped with depth. The profiler systems provide reliable, fully-automated data collection. The profiling systems also come with rugged, non-corrosive mechanical winch and drive mechanism, Profile Wizard software for easy set-up and deployment, Profile data analysis and export software, user selectable sample intervals, optional meteorological package, and several wireless data transmission options.
- Drinking Water Reservoirs: water quality, homeland security
- Research: upwelling events, open water
- General Monitoring: lakes, rivers, estuaries, bays
This product is a complete solution from our Integrated Systems & Services group. Let our application engineers help you with the heavy lifting on your next project. Contact Xylem's Integrated Systems & Services team to discuss your specific monitoring application. We offer a variety of buoy platforms which can be tailored to fit your needs.
EXO Series Smart Sondes and Sensors
The VPS uses EXO Series Smart Sondes and Sensors. The EXO Sondes are extremely versatile, and allow the user to automatically configure a sonde with different sensors for different applications in minutes.
- EXO1 Sonde (4 ports, optional depth sensor, and battery compartment)
- EXO1s Sonde (4 ports, optional depth sensor, NO battery compartment)
- EXO2 Sonde (7 ports including Central Wiper port, and battery compartment)
- EXO2s Sonde (7 ports including Central Wiper port, NO battery compartment)
- EXO3 Sonde (5 ports including Central Wiper port, and battery compartment)
- EXO3s Sonde (5 ports including Central Wiper port, NO battery compartment)