Senior Program Engineer - Network Data InsightsEngineering | Columbia, MD, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Senior Program Engineer – Network Data Insights, is primarily accountable for providing a ground-breaking service, furnishing justifiable and durable water pipe network planning to clients, utilizing quantitative risk analytics. This candidate will rely on sound modelling principals and utility planning process knowledge to provide actionable asset management plans, focused on managing transmission pipe networks. This position can be based anywhere in North America.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage Xylem Transmission Network Planning projects, translating the practical value of advanced analytics to clients, utilizing problem and benefit oriented deliverables.
- Partner with the Assessment Services business development team to advance the Transmission Network Planning offering.
- Lead technical meetings with clients to refine scope of solutions.
- Apply industry leading practices to develop pipe network plans for utilities.
- With support of BD, author scopes of work, proposals, and tender/RFP responses for network planning and system asset management solutions.
- Train and support business development & delivery staff on quantitative system analytics to better assist utilities in identifying opportunities to develop plans to manage their pipe networks.
- Present Transmission Network Planning case studies in industry forums.
- Collaborate with global product managers, engineering and marketing to advance solutions, external messaging, collateral, and strategy to engage the addressable market for Transmission Network Planning.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Holds bachelor’s degree in engineering related field with 7 or more years’ experience in pipeline management in a technical role, preferably in the space of large diameter pressurized pipe management and pipe network planning.
- Possesses a working knowledge of probabilistic modelling and is able to articulate probabilistic outcomes to clients and other stakeholders that may not have experience with such modelling or forecasting.
- Works well with, and understands, A&E consultants in the municipal water industry and their perspective on asset management and strategic planning.
- Is highly familiar with utility planning, especially as it pertains to how utilities make plans to manage pipe networks.
- Possesses deep technical knowledge of the current state of asset management as it pertains to pipe network management.
- Demonstrates confidence when speaking with senior leaders and clients; can engage in technical discussions with an open mind and can be persuasive and influential when needed
- Demonstrates confidence when speaking with senior leaders and clients; can engage in technical discussions with an open mind and can be persuasive and influential when needed.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law