Senior Program Engineer - Asset Data InsightsEngineering | Columbia, MD, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Senior Program Engineer – Asset Data Insights, partners with clients to develop solutions to aide in the management of pipeline assets using proprietary services/solutions grounded in condition assessment data. The successful candidate will employ engineering, data analytics, and asset management principles to develop and deliver scopes of work targeting the short and long term management of large diameter water pipelines. This position can be based anywhere within North America.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Act as an internal consultant with business development to understand the technical elements of client problems and how solutions provided by Assessment Services can be utilized to provide justifiable asset management plans.
- Create technical client deliverables, inclusive of conclusions and recommendations, that will help clients turn an inspection and engineering analyses into meaningful pipeline management plans.
- Lead technical meetings with internal and external stakeholders from scope development through project delivery to recommendations.
- Partner with the Assessment Services business development team to advance the Transmission Network Planning offering.
- Engage and collaborate with Xylem Engineering to provide defensible asset management plans based on their analyses.
- Present condition assessment driven asset management planning case studies in industry forums.
- Produce cost-benefit analysis and lifecycle cost studies for pipeline assets as a part of defensible asset planning.
- Influence and lead a cross-functional project team in highly collaborative manner.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering related field with 7 or more years’ experience in pipeline management in a technical role, preferably in the space of pipeline condition assessment or asset management
- Well versed in inline pipe inspection technologies, how they are deployed and how the data that they garner can be applied to asset management.
- Possess a working knowledge of probabilistic modelling with a proven ability to articulate probabilistic outcomes to clients and stakeholders that may not have experience with such modelling or forecasting.
- Working knowledge of pipeline design, failure modes, and how they may relate to management recommendations and plans
- Grasp conceptually the hierarchical nature of municipal water networks (system, asset, component) and how this concept inform the practical management of these elements.
- Demonstrate confidence when speaking with senior leaders and clients; can engage in technical discussions with an open mind and can be persuasive and influential when needed.
- Proven ability to translate highly technical concepts in a way that those with less experience can understand.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law