Senior Customer Support SpecialistSales | Malvern, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Order Management: Processes orders for products and/or services from sales staff or direct customer contact. Orders may range from off-the-shelf quick ship to more complex. Responsible for proactive, thorough follow up on order backlog to ensure order details are current. Provides timely communications on order status and changes to relevant parties. May coordinate and meet with other departments regarding order status, shipping dates, prices, product availability and back orders. Maintains virtual customer files with sales contracts and other information.
- Customer Billing Resolution: Investigates and resolves billing issues related to customer disputes as relayed from A/R collections team.
- Sales Support: Provide price & availability, formal quotations and other pre and post order support functions
- Perform backup coverage within specific team and across other teams of similar function.
- Comply with all established policies and procedures.
- Participate in new initiatives as requested
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- Legendary customer service skills; an unwavering passion for taking care of the customer
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Strong & respectful collaborative skills and business acumen
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base in a matrixed organization
- Technical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Select Configure Price Quote (SCPQ) tools
- Experience with supporting orders from delivery and invoicing
- Continuous improvement, lean practices, value stream mapping and waste elimination experience
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.