Regional Service Manager (Flygt)Operations | Boise, ID, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Regional Service Manager will be responsible for leading the Service(s) operations within an assigned region. By collaborating with the Regional Operations Manager, and other members of the Regional Team, the Regional Service Manager will support service center operations and execute regional initiatives. In this role, the Regional Service Manager will develop and implement plans for driving service center improvements in customer owned repairs, field services, start-ups, commissioning and preventive maintenance activities. The Regional Service Manager will drive continuous improvement through the use of LEAN principles and initiatives to deliver increased efficiencies, quality and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead Service efforts regionally with focus on customer satisfaction.
- Guide the service efforts of all Flygt (and other relevant Xylem brands) OEM service facilities in the Region in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Review and manage service metrics with regards to repair time to quote, time to repair and quality / warranty.
- Assist end users with service-related issues which may include troubleshooting.
- Provide service and shop operational guidance to the Sales/Service branch operations in the assigned area in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision and training to appropriate personnel to assure smooth, efficient and effective service operations (includes in-shop repairs, start-ups and field service).
- Interface with end-users handling service problems and start-ups either by phone or on-site visit.
- Assure adequate stock of product, parts and supplies; maintenance of shop equipment/machinery by vendors; service vehicles are properly equipped and operating efficiently and safely.
- Support the “service call center” process by providing support to our end users 24/7/365.
- Manage equipment repairs for the Region and individual service centers.
- Manage, coach, develop and deploy field service Cultivates employee engagement and positive employee relations environment through robust and regular employee communications, performance feedback, reward and recognition culture, and focused employee development.
- Assist with the scheduling of equipment, resources and employees for large projects, along with reviewing all associated documents in conjunction with the local branches.
- Assist the Regional Operations Manager and Service Center Managers to streamline operational processes through the use of LEAN principles and create standards within the region.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to enhance the operation experience for Xylem customers and increase profitability, including identifying, planning, and executing opportunities for growth and expansion within region.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Service and/or rental fleet management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience having lead and managed a team is required
- 3-5 years’ experience in related field of pumps, pumping systems, equipment rental or construction preferred
- Green Belt certification preferred or willingness to earn one within the first 18 months
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and remain focused and organized.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibility and manage the work activities of others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
- Knowledge of electric submersible and pumping equipment.
- M&C and Electrical Skills
- Familiarity with the service industry and the markets served (e.g. construction, mining, municipalities, industrial)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: Will require a minimum of 25-30% of the time, or as required.
- Job Site: Regular exposure to job site conditions and hazards; e.g. petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, wastewater treatment plants, etc.
- Shop: Regular exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise (to maximums of 95 decibels).
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.