Regional Sales Representative - Systems EngineerSales | Anaheim, CA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem Analytics, YSI Products, seeks to hire a Regional Sales Representative - Systems Engineer who will direct sales within the Western United States Region to drive and grow the business. The successful candidate will have knowledge of Water Quality, Acoustic Doppler Technology, Currents, Waves, Discharge, Data Collection and Telemetry equipment and applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Direct Sales within Western USA Region
- Assist with development of territory sales plan
- Meet sales, profit and budget targets
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers and key organizations
- Develop and maintain relationships with field sales staff to help drive Integrated Systems business.
- On-going analysis of competition and appropriate adjustments of plans
- Provide equipment training and installation support
- Support team, specialty and major dealers as required
- Set up trade show booths
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals for various product lines
- Generate and deliver business forecast
- Create, maintain and execute territory sales plan
- Effectively manage expense budget
- Direct sales within Western USA region
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree natural resources, environmental, physical or ocean sciences, and/or business degree preferred plus a minimum of 3+ years sales experience
- Technical experience such as in a field, lab, or environmental water testing role, hydrology, aquatic biology, geology, oceanography in the Environmental Market or related field.
- Experience with DCP’s – Data Collection Platforms, and Wireless Communications Systems, Hydrology and meteorological measuring equipment, Acoustic Doppler Technology, Currents, Waves, Discharge measurement, experience with Autonomous vehicles and Drones is a plus.
- Negotiation and selling skills
- Effective written and oral presentation skills
- High level of comfort working with a wide variety of people in a variety of settings
- Ability to multi-task through use of tools such as personal computer, telephones, and e-mail; and the ability to apply the knowledge of like or similar events into new situations
- Follow through on communications and responsibilities
- Personally confident and able to interact with all types of people.
- They will have a successful history of problem solving/solution finding, listening and understanding business and equipment related issues, and be comfortable and capable in addressing large groups of people.
- This position will require the balancing of multiple priorities in an environment with the potential for fast-moving periods of high activity.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: At least 50% overnight travel by car and plane required
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.