Material PlannerOperations | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
Your Challenge as a Material Planner at Xylem
Within this role, you report to the Purchasing Manager and will be responsible for planning, releasing, scheduling, expediting and monitoring materials required for production. You will be part of our team consisting out of 2 buyers, a supplier quality engineer and a temporary purchasing coordinator/administrative assistant.
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure materials are readily available to meet production plans and to identify/mitigate shortages.
- Identify demand requirements and manage open orders with suppliers
- Schedule the supply of materials to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Management of supplier delivery slots
- Understand and manage supply risks to minimise impact on production schedule
- Review MRP demand, issue schedules to suppliers and resolve supply issues to ensure availability of stock for production
- Ensure that data in the ERP system is accurate and up to date; resolve any issues as required
- Create regular reports using ERP data and update others in the organisation (e.g. on-time delivery)
- Evaluate and reporting supplier performance in conjunction with members of the Purchasing Team
- Support the resolution of any supplier invoice queries for quantity or price variance
- Work closely with others in the organisation to meet site inventory targets.
- Support end of production / engineering changes to avoid obsolescence / ensure smooth introduction.
- Support daily purchasing team activity as required e.g.
- Creating and releasing purchase orders
- Confirming delivery dates and amending purchase orders
- Contacting suppliers for updates
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Previous proven experience as a Materials Planner/Controller
- Experience of using a proprietary ERP / MRP software platform
- Commercial and financial awareness, understanding of how failure impacts costs, production and customers
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and embraces change
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal), with the ability to form and maintain good relationships both internally and externally
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A level Education with good GCSE standard Maths and English (Grade B/5+) and/or QCF Level 3-4 in Supply/Logistics or other business subject.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We are looking forward to your application – LETS SOLVE WATER TOGETHER!