Field OperatorOperations | Tualatin, OR, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Class A Driver. The CDL Driver is responsible for the delivery and set up of Xylem equipment in a safe, efficient and profession manner at the customer job site and for the pickup of equipment from the customer job site at the end of the contract rental period. The CDL Driver is also responsible for recording those transactions accurately on Rental Contracts and Sales paperwork. When not engaged in driving responsibilities, the CDL Driver will assist in the yard or perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist yard and field personnel in loading and unloading trucks with Xylem pumping equipment.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) Federal Department of Transportation, and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Review all items to be delivered (or picked up) with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy. Obtain customer’s signature on Xylem Rental Contract paperwork.
- Maintain presence of all required driver (licenses, medical cards, etc.) documents at all times.
- Maintain log books with entries for driving, on-duty, etc. in accordance with DOT guidelines.
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs as required.
- Perform daily visual inspections of Xylem delivery equipment and documenting any items in need of service.
- Comply with all Xylem and customer safety requirements.
- Maintain communication with Dispatch at all times as to location, estimated arrival/departure times, and any potential issues.
- Assist in the set-up of Xylem pumping equipment as necessary.
- Assist customer with start-up instructions as needed or requested.
- Available for rotating on-call schedule for off-hours emergency driving assignments.
- Assist as needed in preparing rental equipment for dispatch and ensuring yard is organized and maintained.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- One to two years experience in the construction industry preferred
- Minimum one year experience operating Class B commercial vehicles (and willingness to upgrade to Class A if applicable)
- Class A Commercial License preferred
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
- Aptitude for basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Ability to read a map
- Ability to complete basic mechanical tasks
- Ability to operate a commercial vehicle in accordance with Commercial Class license for extended periods of time, in all weather conditions, on back roads, 2-lane highways, major highways, interstates (including tunnels and bridges), through towns, municipalities, cities, and customer job sites
- Valid state issued Commercial Driver License
- Acceptable driving record
- Current Department of Transportation medical card
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing
- Shop environment, travel required, work on equipment used in water and wastewater industry
- Continual exposure to all outdoor weather conditions
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.