Customs Operations CoordinatorOperations | United Kingdom, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your role within Xylem as a Customs Operation Coordinator
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and support continuous improvement initiatives to identify areas of improvement
- Ensure Customs Broker adheres to company policies and agreed upon SOP
- Liaise with Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers to ensure a smooth import/export flow
- Check shipping paperwork to ensure it meets company standards and international requirements- communicate with the applicable department if updates are needed
- Save all import/export records in designated area to ensure easy access in the case of an internal or external audit
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all involved in the import/export process
- Escalate customs issues to the Team Leader and/or Trade Compliance Official
- This position is entirely remote/home based.
- External: Carriers, Customs Brokers, Suppliers, Customers
- Internal: Customer Service, Procurement/Purchasing, Master Data Managers (Engineering/Product Managers)
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- In depth knowledge and experience with import/export procedures and required documentation
- Basic knowledge of underlying regulations with regards to import/export procedures, HS classification, Country of Origin determination and Customs Valuation
- High computer literacy
- Educated to GCSE level with A-C passes in English & Mathematics
- Understanding of UK and international customs regulations
- Furthermore, you are a person who is assertive, resilient and someone who welcomes changes. You want to proactively contribute to the team and therefore have a positive and collaborative approach in work. Additionally, you show moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
Excited? Let’s solve water together!