Customer Experience SpecialistOperations | Mira Loma, CA, United States
We’re Hiring for a Customer Experience Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Customer Experience Specialist will assist customers in a personalized and friendly manner to ensure every experience is an exceptional one. The CES is available to assist customers with their Xylem product selection and availability, order entry, product delivery and return and invoicing. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound phone calls, online inquires and customer walk-ins.
- Process customer requests such as rental quote generation and order placement over the phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Answer routine product questions and direct questions to appropriate service or sales personnel when necessary.
- Enter orders and arrange delivery to all sites and locations per the individual agreement including an understanding of the agreement of freight terms.
- When needed, assist with loading product for customer delivery. Ensure delivery personnel have accurate site address details for delivery as well as appropriate paperwork for customer acceptance.
- Complete off-rental process in RentalResults. Schedule product pick-up and prepare paperwork for customer sign off.
- Support Service Shop Technicians in completing work orders and pulling necessary parts for product repair.
- Ensure purchase orders are properly entered into procurement system to include price and quantity. Complete process for receiving materials, goods and services timely and accurately.
- Schedule and coordinate preventative and corrective maintenance for sales and delivery vehicles.
- Act as site champion for safety. Manage injury reporting through GenSuite. Participate in routine safety calls and/or meetings.
- Perform shipping and receiving of materials and coordinate vendors for both.
- Operate forklift and necessary machinery to load and unload shipments.
- Assist customers in trouble shooting potential mechanical and electrical issues.
- Assist service personnel as necessary in performing simple maintenance and mechanical repairs.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- High school graduate; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-5 years prior experience in a operations environment preferred
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers and employees
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid math skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative
- Resourceful and well organized; efficient and detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to frequent change in a high pressure environment
- Strong sense of responsibility and desire to complete tasks properly
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
DAY IN THE LIFE: In this role, the working environment is an office environment using standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements. There is intermittent exposure to all outdoors weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and jobsite noise (to maximums of 95 decibels). The physical demands may include but not limited to standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds. In addition, this role may include overtime if applicable, work on weekends, night shifts and occasional travel.
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $50,000 to $80,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.