Analyst, Information ManagementEngineering | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your Role: The Analyst, Information Management role is a key role in Xylem’s data transformation providing the leadership and hands-on responsibility for the functional management of the Customer and Supplier domains. Additional data domains to be added to Master Data Management (MDM), as scope aligns and extends with deployment road map. e.g. Products.
Overall objectives are to safeguard Master Data quality in the respective data domains; synchronize Master Data within Xylems’ Eco system; eliminate production failures related to Master Data; comply with Xylem business requirements; support trade compliance requirements and minimize risks where possible.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Onboard legacy data into the MDM solution
- Harmonize the business rules and processes, remediate data issues, cultivate sustainable policies and processes with functional owners – IT, Procurement, Finance, Businesses, etc.
- Maintain/Maintenance Master Data in the respective domains with integrity and across all enterprise level systems while complying with all governance, rules and owners.
- Lead ticket system activities associated to the above, mentioned Master Data Maintenance; achieve SLA resolution times; pareto data and execute root cause corrective measure activities.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and data stewards to define and implement data strategy, policies, controls and programs and ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure and reliable.
- Assess and mitigate risks associated to master data and/or enterprise level of systems and develop mitigation.
- Develop, manage and nurture solid business colleague relationships.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or CS preferred or relevant and equivalent business experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience defining and implementing data governance best practices at the enterprise level.
- 1-3 years’ experience with data stewardship, data quality and data analysis.
- Previous experience defining and implementing data quality score cards with business outcome impacts, is a plus.
- Proven ability to document business requirements related to data function and rules.
- Ability to document data flows and processes.
- Experience working cross functionally and in a global matrix team in defining data issue, root cause analysis and remediation.
- Demonstrate good data management practices and ability to influence practitioners to adopt.
- Proven written skills in documentation of data requirements
- Experience in organizing and leading projects as it relates the continuous improvement, measurement and change adoption experience in data management.
- Familiarity with industry tools like Informatica, desired.
- Experience working with an external managed service provider.
- Experience working in a corporate setting: Customer Service, Procurement and/or Finance
- Analytical Decision Making: Breaks down complex topics into understandable language and synthesizes the most important points; solving problems quickly and effectively.
- Concentrated Focused Delivery: Continuously learns how the business operates and applies thorough knowledge of the businesses and its processes. Prioritizes work in alignment with business priorities.
- Influential Communications: Communicates persuasively with both internal and external partners, ensures communication reaches the intended audience.
- Planning & Prioritizing Work: Proactive, result oriented with the ability to organize work into actionable plans, projects and committed time frames. Manage the effort, communicate status and mitigate risks and issues.
- Corporate Finance knowledge
- Manufacturing experience – including basic ERP knowledge
- Manufacturing parts master data
- Expert Excel, Access, Visio, Word, Powerpoint, Windows 365, OneDrive, Power BI, SQL, Informatica
- Familiarity with Emagia, Catalyst, Oracle; a plus.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Flexible schedule to address off-hour operational issues
- Remote work flexibility
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.