YSI DB1750 Metocean Buoy
Station-Keeping Data Monitoring Buoy
The YSI DB1750 Multi Purpose Metocean Buoy has a design life of 10 years and is manufactured from UV stabilised LLDPE with a environmentally friendly polyurethane filling. Being IALA compliant, the DB1750 has been deployed globally both in a NavAid capacity and for environmental monitoring. The DB1750 provides a rugged, long life, lightweight buoy whilst reducing the long term maintenance expense typically associated with floating aids to navigation.
- Up to 6 moon pools - black or yellow (150mm or 220mm dia) for easy deployment of environmental instruments.
- Access to Top section with through a sideways opening,waterproof, locakble hatch. Top Section suitable for data logging and telemetry systems. Includes separate battery compartment.
- Up to 360W solar power capability (120W around top section and 240W around battery compartment).
- Ability to add profiling winch to existing moon pool.
- Real time data capabliity means the DB1750 is perfect aid for vessel navigation through channels, ports and harbours.
- Long-term strength and security - The float section is internally cross-braced with stainless steel rods that are connected to stainless steel bushings in mooring and lifting eyes.
- UV-stabilised low density polyethylene - rotationally moulded to form a seamless hull, 12mm thick, providing more resistance to collision damage and puncture.
- Stability – Achieved by filling the float section with a calculated amount of reinforced concrete as ballast.
- A float section, battery section and a top section form an abrasion resistant, shock absorbing buoy able to withstand knocks and/or collisions.
- The float section has a moulded slip resistant surface and SS316 grip bar to provide additional safety during deployment and station maintenance.
- Fixed water quality
- Profiling water quality
- Current monitoring
- Wave monitoring
- Weather and Navaid monitoring
Are you looking for recommended moorings?
View our DB1750 Data Buoy Spec Sheet for technical details and mooring information.