Sales Engineer for Advanced Oxidation and Water Reuse (m/f/d) / Vertriebsingenieur für Advanced Oxidation und Water Reuse (m/w/d)Sales | Herford, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 16.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at Xylem - a job with a purpose.
Sales Engineer for Advanced Oxidation and Water Reuse (m/f/d)
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Elaboration, design and support of customer solutions, preparation of quotations, (internal/external) for large-scale plants with corresponding customer and partner contact in Germany and abroad especially for Advanced Oxidation processes and systems for water reuse in close cooperation with internal departments, sales companies and local partners
- Organization and execution of training for Xylem employees, partners and customers for Xylem's product portfolio and applications
- Independently track customer projects and support forecasting and maintenance of metrics for key applications
- Support a highly responsive culture for providing outstanding customer focus (both for internal and external customers), on-time delivery and responsive and accurate communications
- Creation of design guidelines and documentation for relevant applications
- Observation and analysis of the market in the area of AOP and Water Reuse and reporting to team managers / division management
- Collaboration in national and international research projects as well as presentation of relevant research results at technical conferences and collaboration in international research projects
- Regular communication with sales companies for active project follow-up and forecasting
- Support promotion of Xylem specific solutions through technical articles, conference presentations, social media and stakeholder network maintenance; multiplier role for AOP and water reuse
- Participate in client meetings covering technical and commercial aspects
- Assist and support proposal reviews as well as the creation of technology and application customizations for key applications
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Technical Environmental Protection, Urban Water Management or comparable / or Bachelor's degree plus additional two years of work experience
- At least three years of experience with relevant applications, oxidative processes or disinfection processes or alternatively more than 3 years of experience in sales of water treatment equipment
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken German and English (C1), other foreign languages are an advantage
- Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues proactively. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals
- Customer focused: proven ability to work constructively with different customer types such as end-users, consultants, contractors
- Highly adaptable to change, as Xylem is a rapidly growing, publically-traded enterprise
- International and Domestic travel required up to 30%
- Very good Microsoft Office, presentation and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications
- Confident use of project execution plan documents (PIDs, schematics, etc.)
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Very good presentation skills and presentation skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Britta Reimann, Corporate Recruiter at Tel.: +49 152 22832510
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.