Sr. / Lead Engineer – Embedded FirmwareEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform technical feasibility study, architecture design and integration with Embedded device Firmware / Mobile App / Cloud Connectivity / Security
- Design, develop and maintain Smart and Connected Products based on Embedded, IoT platform for Variable Frequency Drives, Water Sensing, and Remote Monitoring kind of applications.
- Design and develop Firmware drivers and Communication Algorithms in C, C++
- Participate in FMEA and risk assessment activities
- Follows standard R&D software guidelines for creating code, documenting code, storing code, testing and implementing the software, in the field when necessary.
- Interface as needed with product management, customers, marketing & sales in providing technical guidance on products developed.
- Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree / 4 + 2-Year Master’s degree in Electronics & Communication or Computer Science or MCA
- 6-8 Years of experience in designing Smart / IoT products
- Expert on High-level programming languages: C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Android, Node Js (Basic), HTML (Basic), SQL, .NET
- Experience with IoT communication protocols (MQTT)
- Mobile App development experience on iOS and Android – Native Language & Xamarin (or related platform)
- Basic understanding on Scripting (ex. Shell Scripting)
- Basic understanding on Cloud Infrastructure & its security aspects
- Participate in Vulnerability assessment and analysis of the findings to generate secure solution.
- Experience on cyber security and encryption/authentication techniques.
- Operating system understanding on Windows, Linux, RTOS.
- Hands-on experience on wireless protocols Wi-Fi, BLE, MQTT, HTTP etc.
- Hands-on experience with Socket programming multi-threaded programming, third party library / SDK integration.
- Expert in using debugging tools, Code Analysis Tools
- Automated Regression Testing of Mobile application and functionalities.
- Familiarity on Low level interfacing and protocols like SPI, I2C, UART, ADC, LWIP, TCP-IP, CAN, MODBUS, EEPROM, FLASH etc.
- Familiarity with Instrumentation and measurement of power converters is nice to have.
- Able to work in multi-disciplinary and remote-located teams.