Sales Manager Industry Distribution EMEASales | Hoddesdon, UK, United Kingdom
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Overview of the role:
This role must be recognized as an ambassador for the Specialty Flow Control business and its products. The incumbent must have strong drive, business development skills and commercial acumen to liaise with multiple stakeholders. Analyzing industry trends, resolving problems, dealing with complex situations and implementing change are all key for successful performance.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of medium term sales strategy across EMEA for development and expansion of channels in the Industry segment
- Collaborate with existing channel partners, in the Industry segment regarding increasing sales, identifying new areas for business, sharing success stories
- Improve channel partner management through initiatives such as reactivation of “sleeping” channel partners with respect to segment
- Analyze distribution and industry trends, recommend new channels and channel partners in growth areas, help with the setup, change management and successful launch of new channel partners
- Visit channel partners and influence existing sales force as required to ensure success of existing and new channels developed
- Leverage existing OEM growth strategy processes and success stories to build the case for new partnerships and win new business.
- Deliver effective presentations, education and customer intimacy initiatives as required to channel partners to help them improve their business and to help Specialty Flow Control win more business from competitors (compelling seminars, demonstrations and other education that conveys technically complex material in an easy to understand way and engages partners with our product and brand).
- Represents the company and its values in its relationship with channel partners and other stakeholders at all times.
- Brings Voice of Customer information, and key competitor information back to the Specialty Flow Control management teams to enable continuous improvement activities and drive growth
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and substantial experience in related field
- Business development experience through channel partners
- Sales Leadership
- Cross functional collaboration in a complex environment
- Planning and execution capabilities
- Motivation & sales driven mindset
- Experience with international distributors and sales staff across different cultures in EMEA
- Self-sufficiency and initiative
- Outstanding customer service
- Presentations / communication skills (English)
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Sales strategy & planning
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
- Market knowledge
- Developing capability
- Sales execution
- Inspiring accountability
- Funnel Management
- External: Industry associations; channel partners; sales staff
- Internal: SFC business, Sales teams, BDMs, Applications support