Rental Installation ElectricianEngineering | Thirsk, UK, United Kingdom
Senior Rental Electrical Installation Engineer (Water Industry):
Xylem is seeking a Senior Rental Electrical Installation Engineer to join our team to assist with the installation of rental equipment to our clients. The person will need to have a good understanding of installing 3 phase pumps/motors and associated control equipment. Install and commission Generator plant as well as VFD/soft start drives. The role is predominantly field-based but will involve work in the depot from time to time.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Rental Team with temporary installation, repair and refurbishment of submersible and surface mounted pumping equipment, sewage treatment plants and all associated components, including control systems, valves and pipework.
- As part of a team and lone working supporting a reactive type of work that requires the successful candidate to be quick thinking, and adaptable.
- Isolate, dismantle and inspect pumping equipment, including moving parts and lubricants.
- Install and commission temporary Rental equipment and all associated apparatus.
- Lifting of access covers, pumping equipment and all associated components from ground level to an approximate depth of 10m using the appropriate tools supplied by Xylem Water Solution UK Ltd.
- Working in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Driving a company vehicle to the standard required by Xylem Water Solution UK Ltd, as detailed in the Company policy to and from scheduled and reactive calls.
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
- Standard hours of work are 39 per week however a totally flexible working attitude is necessary to meet the client and business needs. In addition evening/weekend on-call duties will be necessary on a rotating basis.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- L2 EAL NVQ Diploma Performing Engineering Operations - Mechanical (phone number removed)L2 EAL Award in Industrial Environment Awareness (phone number removed)Employment L3 EAL NVQ Mechanical or similar.
- Electrically qualified to City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 or industry equivalent, (including 17th/ 18th Edition)
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing
- ECS/ JIB Gold Skills Card Holder.
- Good knowledge of pumps/motors & 3 phase electrical systems.
- Full driving licence.