Quality TechnicianOperations | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Quality Technician for the Quality Department at its Morrisville – Perimeter Park facility. The Quality Technician will be responsible for ensuring product conformance to Customer and Engineering specifications. This will be achieved thru incoming inspection, first sample review, in-process quality checks, quality control for parts and assemblies, MRB review and timely disposition of nonconforming product.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage product placed into MRB hold area (non-conforming product, on-hold product, etc.).
- Timely disposition of non-conforming product as scrap, return to vendor, etc.
- Measuring specified parts and documenting findings as instructed.
- Execution of miscellaneous quality related tasks, including but not limited to: part measurements; gauge/calibration; continual 5-S of MRB hold area; assisting Quality with production/part issues; and assisting with ISO/Lean projects.
- Identifying defects with product and communicating findings to CFT, Quality, SQE, and Engineering personnel.
- Verify the quality of product received, product in-process, and outgoing as directed.
- Work closely with the receiving department and assist where needed.
- Perform certain sort criteria upon receipt of product or product in-process (containment).
- Work closely with the QA and Engineering department on non-conforming products.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by the QualityTechnician’s manager.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous work experience with Electronic assemblies - PCBA, SMT.
- Familiarity with gauges - micrometers, calipers, height gauges,pin gauges, etc.
- IPC, J-STD experience/certification a plus.
- 2 years min. previous experience in an ISO/TS16949 manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering Drawings, Blueprint Reading, GD&T.
- Experience in completing Quality Metrics, Control Plans &utilizing AQL-based Sampling Inspection.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (ESD Controlled Environment a plus).
- Working understanding of Nonconforming Material Processes and Containment.
- Working understanding of 8D, Fishbone, 5-Why’s or other Root Cause Investigation methods.
- CMM programming/inspection experience (1 year min.)
- Basic understanding of Six-Sigma Methodologies.
- Basic math skills.
- Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.